If you haven’t done so yet, please take a look at my “About me”-page.
My name is Timo Lüge and I’m the owner of “Social Media for Good”. I’m an independent communications expert who is helping humanitarian organizations and NGOs to solve their information, communications and coordination challenges: My emphasis is on digital tools and digitally enabled processes, which includes but is not limited to, social media.
My services include:
Please fill out the contact form, if you want to get in touch.
Selected projects and clients:
- Deutsche Welle Akademie: Wrote a social media analytics toolkit for small and medium-sized media houses in six African countries.
- UK Department for International Development (DFID): Supported DFID’s Yemen country office as an information manager and humanitarian affairs officer.
- Swiss Foundation for Mine Action: Communications and editorial support for “Drones in Humanitarian Action“
- UNHCR / NORCAP: Communicating with Communities Team Leader, based in Athens, Greece. This included leading the national CwC working group which was comprised of UN agencies, national and international NGOs and the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
- UNHCR: Comparison of SMS Platforms
- Senate Administration for Health and Social Security of Berlin: Crisis Communication and Social Media Management in response to the 2015 refugee crisis.
- ACAPS: Social Media Monitoring in Humanitarian Crises: Lessons Learned from the Nepal Earthquake
- Doctors without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières): Case Study – GIS Support for the MSF Ebola Response in Guinea in 2014
- TechChange: Lead facilitator for “Technology for Disaster Response“
- Mercy Corps: Outreach support for the Electronic Cash Transfer Learning Action Network.
- Philippines Shelter Cluster: Spokesperson, Communications and Advocacy Advisor based in Manila for the Philippines Shelter Cluster following Typhoon Haiyan and the Bohol Earthquake (Client: IFRC)
- Global Shelter Cluster: Global Focal Point for Communication and Advocacy in Geneva (Client: UNHCR)
- UNOCHA: Contributor to”Humanitarianism in the Network Age“
- IFRC: Social Media for Resilience Workshop
- UNHCR: Author of the “Communications Handbook for Social Media in Emergencies”
- UNICEF: Lead author of “Social Media in Emergencies: UNICEF Guidelines for Communication and Public Advocacy“
- ICRC: Analysis and optimization of the ICRC’s Twitter outreach and social media monitoring
- Tactical Tech: Contributor to “Drawing by Numbers“
- Oxfam Germany: Strategy workshop for the digital communications team
- GeOnG 2012: Workshop on “Social Media for Situational Awareness” and roundtable on “Using Data for Communication“
- Guest lecturer: Fordham University, New York University, Malmö University, Electronic Media School