I just came across an impressive post on the Wild Apricot Blog: 100 Online Tools for Non-Profits.
What I like about it is that Rebecca Leaman doesn’t focus on the cool and trendy but on the workhorses that help to run any organization. Here is her list of categories:
- Accounting, Time-Tracking, Invoicing, Billing
- Fundraising Software, Online Payments, Donor Management
- Mailing List Management, Email Marketing, Newsletters
- Events Management, Registration, Scheduling
- Membership Management, Contact Management (CRM)
- Discussion Forums, Online Communities
- Website Builders, Blogs, Content Management (CMS)
- Website Analytics, Data Collection, Tracking Tools
- All-In-One Solutions for Non-Profits
Many of the products are US-focused which might make some parts of the list – I’m thinking of the fundraising tools in particular – unsuitable for nonprofits outside the United States. But I found many of my favourites in the list and definitely recommend bookmarlking it. You might not need this list this week or even this year – but next the time you are cursing <that software> you might want to go back to that list and see whether there isn’t a better alternative.